Monday, April 11, 2022

11 April 22

On this date in 1952, "Singin' in the Rain" premiered in nationwide theaters. Its plot does not have an easily-described story line, and the idea of singing in a rainstorm is completely irrelevant to documenting the transition from silent films to talkies. But it's a great movie filled with very funny dancing and slapstick comedy, and I have a celebratory necktie. And it was raining today in central Kentucky, and I took advantage of the occasion to use my own voice to sing in the rain. As in previous years I will also note that 11 April 1954 has been documented as The Most Boring Day in the Twentieth Century. Several years before that, the world welcomed David Tennill, who would become "Papa Dave," my co-grandfather for the five children of Jonathan and Courtney! Happy Birthday, Papa Dave!

No comments: