Sunday, September 24, 2017

24 September 17

This is a very major musical day for Beth and me! First of all, I'm playing with the handbell choir at Somerset First Presbyterian Church as we offer the prelude,  a beautiful arrangement of "Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)." Then we both have our regular musical "duties" during the worship service, and then head quickly back to Richmond to prepare for the 3 p.m. "Concert in the Key of C," a benefit for the St. Andrews Retirement Community (seeking donations to purchase "C"-curity Cameras for the Telford Terrace nursing home). Beth is playing piano and organ selections, and I am the master of ceremonies for the whole event. Of very special note -- haha -- for each of the selections for the Concert, I am wearing a different tie, coordinated with the music! Finally, at 6 p.m., I have my weekly visit with the residents of Telford Terrace where I retell Bible stories and sing several hymns. Truly "My Life Flows On In Endless Song."



No comments: