Wednesday, May 17, 2017

17 May 17

Today is Enya's birthday! Eithne Pádraigín Ní Bhraonáin was born on this date in 1961. I chose this turquoise tie to remind me of her silvery-smooth voice and her songs about stars and waters. Her most popular song has been "Orinoco Flow ('Sail Away')," from 1988. She sang in English and "Elvish" in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001). For this year's celebration II'll post these lyrics from "Anywhere Is" (1995):

I walk the maze of moments
But everywhere I turn to
Begins a new beginning
But never finds a finish
I walk to the horizon
And there I find another
It all seems so surprising
And then I find that I know

[Chorus:]
You go there you're gone forever
I go there I'll lose my way
If we stay here we're not together
Anywhere is


My photos do not capture the true turquoise of my shirt and tie.


No comments: