Tuesday, May 3, 2016

3 May 16

Special occasions for today include birthdays for Pete Seeger (1919), Frankie Valli (1934), Marcel Dupre (1886), and Bing Crosby (1903). It is also World Press Freedom Day, proclaimed annually by the United Nations. And then there's this list of "holidays" for 3 May (from the National Day Calendar site): NATIONAL TEXTILES DAY – NATIONAL SANS ARCHITECTS DAY – NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CUSTARD DAY – NATIONAL GARDEN MEDITATION DAY – NATIONAL RASPBERRY POPOVER DAY – NATIONAL PARANORMAL DAY – NATIONAL LUMPY RUG DAY – NATIONAL TEACHER APPRECIATION DAY – NATIONAL TWO DIFFERENT COLORED SHOE DAY – NATIONAL SPECIALLY-ABLED PETS DAY.

I'm surprised I didn't already know about National Paranormal Day, and I don't have shoes in different colors. I'm not going to wear a lumpy rug. So I'll say that (1) these paisleys are for the birthdays of those musicians, (2) the pure silk fabric celebrates National Textiles Day, and (3) my tie blog always celebrates the freedom of the press!


No comments: